Drawing and writing with chalk is a great way for your kids to express themselves. Whether you have a chalkboard, or use the driveway, you can make colored chalk for hours of fun.
- First find a mold for your chalk. Anything from a toilet tissue roll or small paper cup to fancy candy molds will work.
- Mix together 1 cup of Plaster of Paris with 1 cup of water.
- Add color to your mixture using powdered tempera paint. Experiment with making swirled colors by adding the paint and stirring very little. Blend well and let stand for a few minutes.
- Pour your mixture into the molds you chose. Set aside and let dry completely. Drying time can take from several hours to a few days depending on the size of the mold you chose.
- Once dry you can remove your chalk from the mold. Set it aside to dry for approximately 24 hours more.
- Take your chalk and create fun masterpieces!