For your convenience, some of the supplies are linked to Amazon where you can buy them from home. As an affiliate and customer, there’s no site like Amazon for variety and low prices.
January is a great time to head to the stores because there are many products that will be at their lowest price of the season during this month. The key is, knowing exactly what those products are so you can plan your shopping strategy!
January sales can save you a substantial amount of money on items you regularly use and I’ve compiled a list of 25 things to buy in January so you can know exactly what to keep your eyes peeled for.
Things to buy in January
Before we begin, you should know that January is National Oatmeal Month, and other product sales focus on weight loss, organization, Super Bowl, and holiday clearance items. Chances are if an item falls into one of these categories, it will be at its lowest price of the year!
- Oatmeal, both in packets, rolled oats, instant, and bars.
- Frozen health foods such as Lean Cuisine, Weight Watchers frozen meals.
- Meal supplement bars such as Cliff, Special K.
- Healthy snacks such as 100 Calorie Packs, Baked snack foods, and Kashi bars.
- Weight loss shakes and drink mixes.
- Hand held weights and other exercise equipment products.
- Electronic bathroom scales.
- Organizational totes, shelves, and bins.
- Command hooks and organizational hardware.
- Season produce that includes citrus items such as oranges, grapefruit, and tangerines.
- Seasonal produce that includes greens such as broccoli, celery, chard, and collard greens, cabbage, kale, and spinach.
- Super Bowl decor and accessories such as team shirts, jerseys, memorabilia.
- Football snacks such as deli trays, chips, soda, wings, sauces, some condiments.
- New Year’s Eve décor and supplies such as noise makers, hands and disposable dinnerware.
- New Year’s Eve snacks such as wines and sparkling juices.
- Christmas decorations such as trees, ornaments, linens, stockings.
- Christmas paper goods such as wrapping paper, gift tags, greeting cards, and gift bags.
- Outdoor lighting such as holiday lights, walkway lights, spot lights, and lighted blow up décor.
- Cold weather medications such as cold medicine, cough syrups, vapor rubs, and pain relievers.
- Health supplements such as vitamins, daily supplements, drink mixes.
- Cold items/paper goods such as Kleenex, sanitizing wipes.
- Fresh winter greenery such as wreaths, garlands, and trim.
- Gym memberships and diet center memberships.
- Holiday food and gift sets such as cheese/cracker sets, cologne gift sets, coffee gift sets
- Seasonal candy such as candy canes, red and green Kisses, and Christmas themed candy. These can be frozen until you need them.
As you can see, there are so many items you can look forward to being at their lowest price of the year during the month of January. So whether you are looking to stock up on breakfast items, fresh produce, cold and flu products, or fun Super Bowl items, January is the perfect time to shop!
If you’re a parent or grandparent, join our group for tons of great ideas from awesome bloggers!